It’s never too late – or too early – to try something new and different when it comes to marketing your business and your FIT Bodywrap® system. As your business partner, we want to be sure you are getting the most out of your purchase. Try incorporating some of these ideas for the rest of the year so your tanning salon, spa or wellness center can enjoy increased exposure and more sales.
15 Low- or No-Cost Marketing Ideas
- Optimize your website for local searches. Always include a physical address and a map so search engines know where you are located as well as customers.
- Make it easy for potential customers to contact you via phone, email, walk-in, online form. If you can add an appointment setting module to your website, all the better. Your phone number and email address should be featured prominently on each and every page.
- Keep your website at the top of search engine results by regularly updating the content. This is easy to do via a blog, calendar, specials or events page.
- Optimize your website for mobile viewing. The majority of customers nowadays look for a salon via their smartphone. Some 6 out of 10 consumers will visit your website when they are looking for a nearby business.
- Get your business listed in online directories such as Yahoo!, the Yellow Pages, Yelp and local directories, such as city and Chamber of Commerce sites. Make sure the information listed is accurate and review them on a regular basis.
- Keep an eye on internet reviews posted by clients so you can respond appropriately and use the best ones for marketing purposes. Refer to this earlier article on online reputation management for more information.
- Get on board with social media. You may not have any interest in using Facebook, but your customers do! At the very least, create a page for your business on Facebook, Twitter and Google+. Designate someone in your organization to post updates and respond to comments on a regular basis.
- Spend several days getting out of the salon and meeting other business owners in the area. This is a great way to form partnerships and get referrals from companies who share the same target markets (gyms, hair salons, etc.).
- Come up with a unique theme for a regular event. Some of our clients host cocktail parties, happy hour, girlfriend nights and the like – find what works in your market and do it!
- Use email marketing to inform your current clients of upcoming specials and events. Send out regular newsletters and encourage your subscribers to share it with their friends.
- Pay someone to stand outside your business with a spinner or sandwich board sign. This type of advertisement is cheap and works great around big holidays such as Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day, prom, wedding season, etc.
- Hold a contest. A weight loss contest with a prize provided by local merchants is a great way to book more FIT Bodywrap® sessions. Ask for permission to take pictures and use them in future marketing.
- Start a rewards club. Rewards could be based on amount of purchases, number of visits or referrals. Either way, you can look forward to more foot traffic in your spa or salon.
- Just installed your FIT Bodywrap® system recently? Use a Groupon offer to stimulate immediate sales.
- Find a new demographic to target this year. Senior citizens are interested in health and wellness and so are men, military personnel, minorities – but you may not be reaching any of these lucrative markets right now. Find out what they are looking for and provide it – then advertise directly to them.
Need more help finding new ways to market your salon or spa and its FIT Bodywrap® system? Just give us a call at 1-888-5FIT-NOW and we’ll set up an appointment to go over your specific needs. Remember, your success is our success and we are your partner!