Well, look at you! Ready to try an infrared session for the first time, but not sure what you might need before, during and after to get the most out of the experience? You’ve come to right place. We’ve compiled tried and true tips to make your initial infrared experience stellar.
1. Drink water, LOTS of water. You need it to survive so drink up daily. Already booked your infrared session? Begin to consume even more water in the days leading up to your appointment. Keep on drinking the day of, during and for at least 48 hours after each session. After the session, your body will continue to flush metabolized fats and toxins, H20 helps the process along.
2. Set some goals for your sessions. Are you looking to relieve pain? Take note of your pain levels before, during and after each session. Want to lose a bit of weight in troublesome areas? Consult with your infrared provider about how many sessions you should start with to see results. We often recommend starting with 3 – 5 sessions and tracking your progress towards the end. If your objective is relaxation, you will most likely notice a calmer state of mind after just one session. A key theme here? Noticing the effects of infrared on your body. Setting and meeting goals is a great way to be present in improving your wellness.
3. Eat light before and after your infrared session. Sometimes a full stomach can make us uncomfortable, for this reason eating a light and healthy meal before your infrared session is recommended. It may be tempting to eat everything in sight after your infrared experience, but you may mistake the feeling of hunger for the feeling of thirst. Ensure that you’re hydrated and then select a healthful meal choice.
4. If you plan to wear undergarments, a swimsuit or clothing be warned, it will most likely get very sweaty. If that’s your jam, simply bring another set to change into, and you’ll be good to go!
5. Keep your head above your heart, especially during an infrared body wrap experience. Infrared heat can significantly increase your blood flow and raise the heart rate. For this reason, we’ve found it to be comfortable during and after the session when we position the body this way.
6. Your infrared session should be soothing and comfortable. Yes, you might be sweating, but a healthy sweat is what we want! If you find that you are too hot, not hot enough or unable to relax, please change positions and seek the help of your infrared provider!
7. Relax. Deep relaxation can be hard to come by in our busy lives. When you step into your infrared experience, it’s your time to let it all go. Allow soothing infrared rays to assist in the process by lowering your cortisol levels, relieving pain, inducing sweat to help you detox and improving your skin. Just think, you can reap incredible wellness benefits by simply relaxing. Taking a time-out is one of the best ways to look after yourself.
Lastly, enjoy! Use the tips above as a guide to make sure that your first infrared session is a wonderful one. If you have questions about a specific benefit, please peruse our blogs or reach out. We’d love to hear about your infrared experience and so would our FIT Bodywrap Certified Providers!