Have you ever thought to take your temperature when you are experiencing aches or pains or other general ailments? It might just hold the key to getting better. Based on my research, there seems to be a clear connection between wellness and body temperature – and far infrared heat represents an ideal way to safely raise it.
About Infrared Heat
Far-infrared or radiant heat (FIR) is part of the spectrum of frequencies/colors found in sunlight. It is a safe form of energy that heats objects by a process called direct light conversion. Radiant infrared heat warms the objects around it without affecting the temperature of the surrounding free air. All warm-blooded animals emit far infrared/radiant heat, a beneficial and essential form of energy that has the ability to penetrate, refract, radiate and reflect. The main source of IR radiation on earth is the sun. It emits 54% of its output as infrared (IR) radiation. Infrared radiation from our sun is further divided into near infrared, mid infrared and far infrared.
What’s the Problem with a Low Body Temperature?
Is there cause for concern if your body temperature is lower than it should be? There might be. Medical research has shown that a low body temperature can contribute to many health problems, including fatigue, headaches, migraines, PMS, easy weight gain, depression, irritability, fluid retention, anxiety and panic attacks, hair loss, poor memory, poor concentration, low sex drive, unhealthy nails, dry skin and hair, cold intolerance, heat intolerance, low motivation, low ambition, insomnia, allergies, acne, carpal tunnel syndrome, asthma, odd swallowing sensations, constipation, irritable bowel syndrome, muscle and joint aches, slow healing, sweating abnormalities, Raynaud’s Phenomenon, itchiness, irregular periods, easy bruising, ringing of the ears, flushing, bad breath, dry eyes/ blurred vision, and more.
Can Infrared Heat Therapy Help?
Far infrared heat as provided by an immersive system such as the FIT Bodywrap® can offer many benefits:
- Expands capillaries, stimulating increased blood flow.
- Aids in regeneration, improved circulation and oxygenation.
- Speeds cellular metabolic rates by stimulating the activity of mitochondria, and triggering enzyme activity.
- Promotes the killing of many pathogens: bacteria, viruses, fungi and parasites.
- Strengthens the immune system by stimulating increased production of white blood cells (leukocytes) by the bone marrow and killer T-cells by the thymus gland.
- Promotes the rebuilding of injured tissue by having a positive effect on the fibroblasts (connective tissue cells producing collagen fibers for repair) and it increases the growth of cells, and the rate of DNA and protein synthesis necessary during tissue repair and regeneration.
- Relieves nervous tension by reducing soreness in nerve endings and muscle spasms via heating the muscle fibers.
- Improves the balance of blood pressure, blood sugar, and nutrients in the cells, resulting in increased muscle strength, as well as overall vitality and mental stability.
- Strengthens the cardiovascular system by causing heart rate and cardiac output increases, and diastolic blood pressure decreases.
For treating arthritis, joint pain, stiff muscles and tendon/ligament injuries, far infrared has been successfully used by medical doctors, chiropractors, physical and massage therapists and acupuncturists. In addition, since FIR is anti-viral, anti-bacterial and anti-fungal, it can therefore be beneficial in the treatment of a variety of diseases.
FIT Bodywrap® generates far infrared heat in the 5-15 micron wavelength, closely paralleling our atmosphere’s IR window that allows the sun’s infrared output in the 7-14 micron band to come through. It brings a unique combination of effectiveness and comfort to the therapeutic application of FIR to raise body temperature safely and effectively.