Life gets busy, and some days it seems like we don’t have enough time to go to work, take care of the family, eat healthfully, workout and enjoy some much needed “me-time”. Sound familiar? We’re sure it does, and if you’re looking for a safe and effective way to lose weight, relieve pain, detoxify, rejuvenate your skin and relax it may seem like a pretty big request. The great news is, it’s not. There is a wellness service that can provide you countless benefits, assist with wellness goals and allow you to relax or nap while it’s all happening. It’s called a body wrap, but not just any body wrap.
The type of body wrap we’re referencing is not what you may think. When you hear the word, body wrap an image of your body, tightly wrapped in cellophane might pop into your head. Those are what we call “traditional” body wraps and they can provide benefits, but the key ingredient they’re missing? Infrared heat.
Infrared body wraps are offered in spas, wellness centers, tanning salons, hair salons, gyms, chiropractors offices and more. One of the reasons they’re so popular is due to the use of innovative infrared technology, another reason is their incomparable effectiveness and ease of use. We got together with our Clinical Director, Dr. Aaron Flickstein to explain why you (yes, you!) can benefit from an infrared wrap.
With that said, here’s 5 reasons why you should book a body wrap appointment ASAP!
- Body wraps can assist with healing and relieving body pain. “Infrared rays act directly on irritated nerve endings calming them,” says Flickstein “additionally, infrared can address several musculoskeletal issues such as muscle spasms, inflammation, muscle recovery, tissue extensibility and more.” Infrared can also help athletes or active individuals prepare for and recover from workouts. “Healing happens through the oxygenation of tissue and increased blood flow, sending more blood to an injured area can make for a speedy recovery,” said Flickstein.
- An infrared body wrap could be the MVP in your weight loss “Because far infrared heat can penetrate approximately 1.5 inches into the body an infrared wrap is one of the easiest and most pleasant ways to slim down,” says Dr. Aaron Flickstein, FIT Bodywrap’s Clinical Director “Fats and toxins that are trapped in the body can be released at a high rate because of this reason.” During the process of sweating our bodies must consume calories and use them as energy. As a passive form of exercise, regular infrared body wrap sessions can help release toxins found in the skin that can contribute to cellulite.
- While we’re talking about toxin flushing, regular infrared exposure can assist the body with removing toxins and retaining a smaller amount of fat. This is beneficial because our fat is where toxins are stored, this often leads our bodies to hold onto extra weight. “Fat may carry toxins and acids that have been unable to safely change or be eliminated,” says Flickstein. The body stores most of its toxic overload in fatty tissue cells, and the infrared heat in FIT Bodywrap can eliminate a variety of harmful toxins.
- Infrared exposure can reduce anxiety and stress, providing you with a general feeling of relaxation. Dr. Flickstein says, “Many health issues are brought on by stress and consistently high cortisol levels, studies show that while the body is wrapped in infrared cortisol levels can regulate.” This leaves the user with a sense of calm and well-being, something we all need in our daily lives.
- Our skin protects our muscles, bones and organs, so what are you doing for yours? Skincare experts love infrared because of the toxin release and increased blood flow it can provide. Anti-aging and toning/tightening treatments may be at the top of your list and if they are, Dr. Flickstein says, “The improved circulation that stems from infrared exposure can contribute to the cell tissue production and skin regeneration. The condition of the skin is also improved through blood flow and detoxification.”
Overall wellness encompasses our bodies and our minds. Taking the time to do something for yourself not only helps you but it puts you in the right state of mind to help others. What do you need to do to prepare for your session? Make sure you’re hydrated; your body is about to produce tons of sweat and water intake is key.
Ready to try a session? Click here for our Certified Provider locator. Try an infrared wrap, your body and mind will thank you.
- How to Get the Best Results from An Infrared Session
- FIT Bodywrap Results: Hana
- What to Eat In-between Infrared Sessions